Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday: 
 Tonight during dinner, Peter took my hand in his and ever so seriously said, "Thanks, Babe. This tastes just like my favorite McDonald's meal." He was joking, of course, and making a reference back to my "microwave dinner" meal last week (or the week before...everything runs together). It's not a having-guests-over type of meal, but definitely a Monday, I-didn't-get-anything-done, it's-so-cold-gray-and-dreary-out, I-weigh-a-thousand-pounds-today sort of meal.

  • Goldfish Chicken Strips with honey mustard dipping sauce. (Crush goldfish and add seasoning of choice - I did garlic, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Dip chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips into melted butter and then into the crushed cracker mixture. Bake at 475 degrees for 20-30 minutes. I also did a minute or two under the broiler at the end to really crisp things up.)
  • Basmati rice with carrots and onion
  • Garlic green beans
Tuesday:
  • Burritos - ground beef, black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa - rolled up in tortillas and baked at 475 degrees for 15 minutes.
Wednesday:
  • Must have been amazing because I can't for the life of me remember what we ate.
Thursday:
  • Chicken Pot Pie

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Tell me more about your carrots and basmati rice! Ben doesn't like carrots a lot but maybe this will help.

Meredith said...

Btw, I liked the chicken tender idea. I think I've seen it before...and you are not a thousand pounds!

Rachel Rae said...

The rice nothing special, but it looks prettier and seems healthier. ;-) I just dice up carrots and onion and throw them into my broth, bring it to a boil and then add rice and simmer until done. The carrots are diced pretty small, so they are perfectly done by the time the rice is. I just eyeball how much I want to add in, but if I were to guess it'd probably be something like 1/2 cup carrots and 1/2 cup onions to 2 cups of rice.

Rachel Rae said...

I've also added peas, mostly for the boys' sake...neither Peter or I love peas. But that works just as well and adds a third color. :)